A few ways we can help you conserve and be more environmentally friendly, too.
LivingGreener™ means living more energy efficiently. When you buy a new California West Communities home, you can feel good about helping to preserve our energy resources while benefiting from lower utility costs. LivingGreener is our way of making your home a more earth and neighborhood friendly place to live.
LIVING GREENER™ FEATURES – many are standard in your new home and others may be available through our option program
INSIDE THE GREENER HOME
· Engineered lumber for building the framework of your home.
· Exterior Wall and Ceiling Insulation helps ensure cool and warm air is contained where it’s needed.
· Radiant Tech Shield Roof Sheathing barrier reduces summer heat gain and winter heat loss.
· Energy Efficient, Dual Glazed Vinyl Windows increase weather impact resistance.
· Exterior doors feature weatherstripping to help keep outside elements out.
MORE WAYS WE CONSERVE
· Sustainable wood resources are used for the beautiful finished cabinetry.
· Energy efficient heating and cooling systems deliver just the right amount of comfort, and savings.
· Programmable thermostats save by adjusting to precise temperatures even when you’re not at home.
· Dimmer switches allow you to create and control the ambiance while reducing energy costs.
· New fluorescent lights last 4 to 10 times longer and use approximately one quarter less energy.
· Motion sensor switches ensure the lights go on only when those areas are in use.
· Low flush toilets save approximately 4 gallons per flush over older toilets.
· EnergyStar® dishwashers use nearly eight gallons of water less per load than older dishwashers.
· Solar Panels use the sun to produce energy to lower your monthly electricity bills.
· Tankless Water Heaters provide instant hot water only when you need it – no more heating water around the clock.
Click here to read more energy saving tips you can use at home today.